PDO (Polydioxanone) threads have gained significant popularity as a non-surgical facelift alternative, offering impressive results for individuals seeking to rejuvenate their appearance. But a common question that arises among potential clients is, “How long do PDO threads last?” In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the longevity of PDO thread lift results and shed light on factors that can influence their duration.
Understanding PDO Thread Lifts
Before we delve into the duration of PDO thread lift results, it’s essential to understand what are PDO threads and how the procedure works. PDO threads are medical-grade, dissolvable sutures that have been used for decades in various surgical procedures. In a thread lift, these biocompatible threads are strategically inserted into the skin to lift and tighten sagging facial tissues.
During the PDO thread lift procedure, the threads stimulate collagen production, leading to improved skin elasticity and long-term rejuvenation. As the threads dissolve over time, they leave behind a network of new collagen fibers, creating a natural-looking lift and firmness.
How Long Do PDO Threads Last?
The longevity of PDO thread lift results can vary from person to person due to individual factors. However, on average, PDO thread lift results typically last between 12 to 18 months. It’s important to note that PDO threads are not permanent, and their effects are gradual and subtle.
Factors Influencing the Duration of PDO Thread Lift Results
Several factors can influence how long PDO thread lift results last for each individual:
- Age: Younger individuals with more resilient skin may experience longer-lasting results compared to those with more mature skin.
- Lifestyle Habits: Certain lifestyle habits, such as smoking, excessive sun exposure, and a poor diet, can affect the durability of PDO thread lift results.
- Skin Care Routine: Following a healthy skin care routine that includes adequate hydration and sunscreen can help prolong the effects of PDO thread lifts.
- Type of Threads Used: The type of PDO threads utilized in the procedure can also play a role in how long the results last. Your healthcare professional can recommend the most suitable threads for your specific needs.
Maintaining PDO Thread Lift Results
While PDO thread lift results are not permanent, there are steps you can take to maintain their effects and extend their longevity:
- Follow Post-Treatment Instructions: Adhere to the aftercare instructions provided by your healthcare professional to ensure proper healing and optimal results.
- Attend Follow-Up Sessions: Some individuals may benefit from follow-up PDO thread lift sessions to reinforce and prolong the effects of the initial treatment.
- Combine with Other Treatments: Combining PDO thread lifts with other cosmetic procedures, such as dermal fillers or Botox, can enhance and prolong the overall results.
In conclusion, PDO threads offer a non-surgical facelift option with results that typically last between 12 to 18 months. While the procedure’s effects are not permanent, PDO thread lifts can significantly rejuvenate your appearance and improve skin elasticity. Factors such as age, lifestyle habits and skin care regiment can have an effect on how long the results of PDO thread lift will last. To maximize its impact and prolong results for as long as possible it’s important to adhere to post-treatment instructions, attend follow-up sessions and explore combinations with complementary cosmetic procedures. Consult a qualified healthcare provider if PDO thread lift is the appropriate treatment choice for you and get on the road towards more youthful and revitalized appearances!